How to add a new icon to the Search Grid? or modify the default simple search

I want to modify the default simple search criteria and to pass the effective date by default. Or I want to add a new icon to the search grid and an event to modify the query on search click.

or I can go with Advanced search and saved search but I want to pass the effective date of today's date. how is that possible?

Parents
  • Hello,

Passing in a dynamic date like the current date isn't currently possible in either the Simple or Advanced search modes. There's an old forum post that contains some sample code for how to pass in parameterized dates, but the suggestion there was both written for Aras Innovator 9.4 and modifies files in the codetree.

You can look at the code in the forum post for inspiration, but I'd recommend creating your own custom search mode to avoid modifying existing codetree files. You can check out the Custom Search Mode community project for an example of how to create your own search mode.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hello,

Passing in a dynamic date like the current date isn't currently possible in either the Simple or Advanced search modes. There's an old forum post that contains some sample code for how to pass in parameterized dates, but the suggestion there was both written for Aras Innovator 9.4 and modifies files in the codetree.

You can look at the code in the forum post for inspiration, but I'd recommend creating your own custom search mode to avoid modifying existing codetree files. You can check out the Custom Search Mode community project for an example of how to create your own search mode.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Children