Method that launches a hyperlink

Can anyone help me with a method that launches from an Action. This is my code below. Getting "Access is denied" error)

Item hd = this.newItem("MIN_1149","get");
hd.setID(this.getID());
hd.setAttribute("select","id");
hd = hd.apply();
string hyperlnk;
hyperlnk = "">test.com/.../default.aspx + hd.getProperty("id");

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(hyperlnk);
return this;

Parents
  • Hello,

I'm not familiar with the System.Diagnostics.Process.Start function specifically, but there might be a few better ways to open this hyperlink. If this is a URL to an external website, you can open this through JavaScript by simply calling window.open(YOUR_URL);.

Alternatively if you're trying to open a local file, you might be able to use some of the techniques in Labs' latest blog post which covers how to display HTML in your client. The same techniques should work for an .aspx page.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hello,

I'm not familiar with the System.Diagnostics.Process.Start function specifically, but there might be a few better ways to open this hyperlink. If this is a URL to an external website, you can open this through JavaScript by simply calling window.open(YOUR_URL);.

Alternatively if you're trying to open a local file, you might be able to use some of the techniques in Labs' latest blog post which covers how to display HTML in your client. The same techniques should work for an .aspx page.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Children
No Data