How to highlight a relationship tab

Hi there,

I'm looking to highlight certain relationship tabs (say the Documents tab under a Part item). Now I've found controls to edit the CSS of various fields of the Part form, but I haven't been able to figure out how I can for instance change the background colour of the Documents tab label (in order to pull a users attention towards it, for instance).

Is it at all possible to dynamically change the look of that particular piece of the form (by firing a method on the onLoad and/or onFormPopulate events for instance), or are those controls entirely inaccessible?

Kindest regards,

Remco van Oosterhout

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Angela,

I got your solution to work! I used the dynamic tab coloring solution. To contribute to the performance of the solution here's my idea: You could consider adding a couple of booleans to the source itemtype that get set to true when certain relationship items are added and set to false once the last relationship is deleted. You can set these bools using SQL, which are quicker than AMLs and take a lot less time to query when looking to dynamically alter the look of a form.

I hope this helps!