"Advanced" PDF Watermarking

Hello - We have a business need to apply the "release date" to watermarked documents. I know there is out of box watermarking functionality in Aras, and we have implemented that on a dev server. However, it does not appear to allow for what we are looking for regarding more advanced abilities. Is there a way to accomplish something like this via configuration, code, or a combination of both? Thanks, Bryan
Parents
  • Hi Bryan, yes, it´s really strange why they don´t update the Document, isn´t it? I didn´t have a ready-to-use solution for this one yet, but I am pretty sure it´s possible to do. Take a look at the 3 editiable CSharp Methods: - wm_GetWMConfigurationTemplate - wm_SourceUpdateTemplate - wm_SourceLookupTemplate These three can be used as a replacement for the Methods used in the default scenarios described in the manual. After watermark completition the Document File Relationships will be updated to the latest versions. I think the Method wm_SourceUpdateTemplate can be used for this update step, but haven´t tried this one yet! So I can be wrong! What we need to do is to add a few lines of code to the Document after relationship update. The Document Item is luckily already present in the Methods It´s behind the contextItemType and contextItemId strings. So I assume something like ReShowItemEx should work for update. Please let me know your result when you decide to try this! Angela
  • Hi Bryan, yes, it´s really strange why they don´t update the Document, isn´t it? I didn´t have a ready-to-use solution for this one yet, but I am pretty sure it´s possible to do. Take a look at the 3 editiable CSharp Methods: - wm_GetWMConfigurationTemplate - wm_SourceUpdateTemplate - wm_SourceLookupTemplate These three can be used as a replacement for the Methods used in the default scenarios described in the manual. After watermark completition the Document File Relationships will be updated to the latest versions. I think the Method wm_SourceUpdateTemplate can be used for this update step, but haven´t tried this one yet! So I can be wrong! What we need to do is to add a few lines of code to the Document after relationship update. The Document Item is luckily already present in the Methods It´s behind the contextItemType and contextItemId strings. So I assume something like ReShowItemEx should work for update. Please let me know your result when you decide to try this! Angela
Children
No Data