Best practice for code in Aras Innovator 11 SP12

I have recently joined a team that uses Aras Innovator 11 SP12, so I'm quite new to this. I see that my predecessors have written some custom C# methods, but I am not happy with the way they are written. The formatting is not great (indentation etc.), which isn't surprising, given the code was probably typed right into the Innovator admin interface. A copy of the code exists in our version control system, but this is most likely just a copy and I am not even sure if it reflects the code currently running on the server. To me this looks like a less than ideal setup, so I am wondering what the recommended practice for custom code is. Ideally, all custom Innovator code would be in our versioning control system and deployed to the Innovator server from a build server. But what's the best way to debug code that is under active development? I would like to use Visual Studio with Resharper etc. for development, with external logging libraries like Serilog etc. etc. Or would it make sense to implement a custom webservice that implements the actual logic and only have very short methods in Innovator that interact with the webservice? How do you guys do this?
Parents Reply Children
No Data