Using dijit Tooltip in relationship grid – how to get connectId?

Hi, I want to add a dijit tooltip to a column in the relationship grid. The tooltip shall open, when elements of this specific column are selected. For a first test I used an onSelectRow Method in the corresponding RelationshipType. Currently I try to run the following sample: https://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.10/dijit/Tooltip.html
require(["dijit/Tooltip", "dojo/domReady!"], function(Tooltip){
    new Tooltip({
        connectId: ["exampleNode"],
        label: "the text for the tooltip"
    });
});
Right now I have some trouble to get the correct "connectId" for the tooltip element. Any ideas of how to use this parameter? I am already able to open a standard dijit dialog in a similar way. But the standard dialog is always placed in the middle of the screen and not connected to a certain cell position. Thanks for your help! Angela
Parents
  • Hi Chris, thanks for the fast answer! I can confirm that your code works very well work Firefox and SP11! Using tooltips in the columns is already a good usecase. But is it also possible, to add the Tooltip to specific cells? I made a few attempts to catch certain dojoxGridCells of a specific column, but weren´t able to catch the correct structure. This is why I used the onSelectRow RelationshipType event. An "onSelectCell" event would be more suitable, but I don´t think something like this exists. As soon a users clicks an element of a specific column, a tooltip shall appear with additional specific information regarding the related Item. Angela
  • Hi Chris, thanks for the fast answer! I can confirm that your code works very well work Firefox and SP11! Using tooltips in the columns is already a good usecase. But is it also possible, to add the Tooltip to specific cells? I made a few attempts to catch certain dojoxGridCells of a specific column, but weren´t able to catch the correct structure. This is why I used the onSelectRow RelationshipType event. An "onSelectCell" event would be more suitable, but I don´t think something like this exists. As soon a users clicks an element of a specific column, a tooltip shall appear with additional specific information regarding the related Item. Angela
Children
No Data