Multiple Errors: DoPhysicalFiles - -

When I try to delete a file, I get the error "Multiple Errors: DoPhysicalFiles - - " I believe the probable cause of this is because the physical file has been removed, header is still sat in the "File" TOC in admin. How can I overcome this problem?  I have 2000+ files to delete, but I do not know how to check if the physical file exists before trying to delete.   Many thanks, Martin.
Parents
  • Ok, your DoPhysicalFiles error message is a different one than mine. To think it very simple: When your Vault exists at same instance as your code tree, you could do a simple check of the local files with File.Exists:
    Innovator inn = this.getInnovator();
    string path ="E:\\Aras\\MyVault\\MyDB\\A\\06\\123348FBF4AB2A5B12B53EB0933B7\\MyFile.txt";
    var x = File.Exists(path);
    return inn.newResult("File exists: "+x);
    When you have to use a URL, you propably have to chance the user credentials parameter in the Vault config to get direct access. Then your URL have to look somehow like this: myplm/.../vaultserver.aspx You can build your url string with the filename and id property of the File item.
  • Ok, your DoPhysicalFiles error message is a different one than mine. To think it very simple: When your Vault exists at same instance as your code tree, you could do a simple check of the local files with File.Exists:
    Innovator inn = this.getInnovator();
    string path ="E:\\Aras\\MyVault\\MyDB\\A\\06\\123348FBF4AB2A5B12B53EB0933B7\\MyFile.txt";
    var x = File.Exists(path);
    return inn.newResult("File exists: "+x);
    When you have to use a URL, you propably have to chance the user credentials parameter in the Vault config to get direct access. Then your URL have to look somehow like this: myplm/.../vaultserver.aspx You can build your url string with the filename and id property of the File item.
Children
No Data