call client method from sevrer

How can i call client method from server?    
Parents
  • Hi John, it depends. There are multible ways to update something in Aras. These are the ones I have used so far: 1. parent.onRefresh - I often use this one in the callback Method of Javascript Form handlers. 2. aras.uiShowItem("Part", id); - just show an item 3. aras.uiReShowItem(parentID,newID,'view','tab view'); - reshow item 4. aras.uiReShowItemEx(parentID,doc.newItem.node); - similar to uiReShowItem 5. aras.clearClientMetadataCache(); I have seen this often in other samples here in the Forum, but I prefer the other options. For updating the grid there are other options avaiable (runSearch, updateRow). You can find them often in the code of CUI elements. Maybe this one is also option for you. This is a very reduced breakout from an Action I use in the BOM Relationship. It updates the Form after the job were done.
    var bomID = this.getID(); // get id of BOM relationship
    var body =  "<bom_>" + bomID + "</bom_>";
    var result = aras.applyMethod("My server Method",body); // do some server side stuff

parent.onRefresh(); // Refresh Part
    return null;
    From my current POV, the above sample is not as reliable as I expected it to be and still requires some further testing. So maybe this one is a better option. Angela
  • Hi John, it depends. There are multible ways to update something in Aras. These are the ones I have used so far: 1. parent.onRefresh - I often use this one in the callback Method of Javascript Form handlers. 2. aras.uiShowItem("Part", id); - just show an item 3. aras.uiReShowItem(parentID,newID,'view','tab view'); - reshow item 4. aras.uiReShowItemEx(parentID,doc.newItem.node); - similar to uiReShowItem 5. aras.clearClientMetadataCache(); I have seen this often in other samples here in the Forum, but I prefer the other options. For updating the grid there are other options avaiable (runSearch, updateRow). You can find them often in the code of CUI elements. Maybe this one is also option for you. This is a very reduced breakout from an Action I use in the BOM Relationship. It updates the Form after the job were done.
    var bomID = this.getID(); // get id of BOM relationship
    var body =  "<bom_>" + bomID + "</bom_>";
    var result = aras.applyMethod("My server Method",body); // do some server side stuff

parent.onRefresh(); // Refresh Part
    return null;
    From my current POV, the above sample is not as reliable as I expected it to be and still requires some further testing. So maybe this one is a better option. Angela
Children
No Data