call client method from sevrer

How can i call client method from server?    
Parents
  • Hi, I have also one use case where it would be helpful to call a client Method from a server Method. But maybe there is also another way to solve it. The Action PE_CreateNewRevision can be used to create a new manual revision of a Part. In most cases, the Form and Relationships update automatically after clicking the Action. But sometimes that does not work, e.g. when repating this Action. I also have seen that sometimtes the Form will update, but the Relationships still link to the old source_id. It´s not a big issue right now, but sometimes users are forced to reopen the Parts and repeat the changes. So it would be practical if the Form and Relationship always (!) refreshes automatically after clicking "PE_CreateNewRevision". Also "PE_CreateNewRevision" is a CSharp server method, so I don´t know how to add the Javascript refresh there. One option is maybe, to rewrite the Action to a client version that calls another CSharp Method for updating the database values. I also do not want to exclude that I have some mistake in my code that prevents the refresh. But maybe somebody knows an easy and elegant way to improve this? Angela
  • Hi, I have also one use case where it would be helpful to call a client Method from a server Method. But maybe there is also another way to solve it. The Action PE_CreateNewRevision can be used to create a new manual revision of a Part. In most cases, the Form and Relationships update automatically after clicking the Action. But sometimes that does not work, e.g. when repating this Action. I also have seen that sometimtes the Form will update, but the Relationships still link to the old source_id. It´s not a big issue right now, but sometimes users are forced to reopen the Parts and repeat the changes. So it would be practical if the Form and Relationship always (!) refreshes automatically after clicking "PE_CreateNewRevision". Also "PE_CreateNewRevision" is a CSharp server method, so I don´t know how to add the Javascript refresh there. One option is maybe, to rewrite the Action to a client version that calls another CSharp Method for updating the database values. I also do not want to exclude that I have some mistake in my code that prevents the refresh. But maybe somebody knows an easy and elegant way to improve this? Angela
Children
No Data