ClosedXml.dll is not working in Aras12Sp22

Hello All,

To perform excel file operations I'm using ClosedXML.dll file. It is working fine in Aras12SP9 but same dll is not working Aras12Sp22.

I'm getting below error

Could not load file or assembly 'System.IO.Packaging, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. The system cannot find the file specified.

Regards,

Suhas

Parents
  • Hi Suhas,

happy new year! You probably already solved the issue, but I want to answer anyway. The problem can be solved by adding a assembly binding in one of the web.config files.

Angela

• Hello Angelalp,

In which web.config i need to add assembly binding? & how to add it? 

Regards,

Suhas

• Hi Suhas,

I probably  was wrong. Your PublicKeyToken doesn´t match the error message you typically get when assembly binding is missing.

You have to add assembly binding in Innovator/Server/web.config when you use DLLs that use the IOM.dll. This file is typically overwritten when using a update patch. But your dll doesn´t use IOM.dll.

How did you add your dll? Have you modified method-config.xml?

Edit: Do you have a backup of you previous codetree? Maybe check if the various web.config already contains something for the dll.

• Hello ,

I didn't modified any aras dll (IOM.dll) or web.config file. Just I have added closedxml.dll file in bin folder & added namespaces in  method config file with file path.(How we are using external ddl in aras in same way). Same dll is working for Aras12SP9. 

The major difference which I noticed is in Aras12SP9 "WindowsBase.dll" is present in server bin folder whereas in Aras12SP22 it is missing. I have copied the same dll in bin folder but then also it is not working.

Regards,

Suhas

• Hi Suhas,

what release is 12SP22? I thought the last 12 version was SP18? Is this one of the 14+ versions?

I compared my 12SP7 codetree to Release 2023. Especially Server/web.config and method-config.xml. These files have changed completely and are reduced in size. 

You error message references to System.IO.Packaging . Maybe Aras removed this one in your version or it´s due to a .NET Core change?

I will soon do some similar DLL testing with Release 2023. But I still need some time.

Don´t you have the possibility to ask Aras support?

Angela

• Hi Suhas,

what release is 12SP22? I thought the last 12 version was SP18? Is this one of the 14+ versions?

I compared my 12SP7 codetree to Release 2023. Especially Server/web.config and method-config.xml. These files have changed completely and are reduced in size. 

You error message references to System.IO.Packaging . Maybe Aras removed this one in your version or it´s due to a .NET Core change?

I will soon do some similar DLL testing with Release 2023. But I still need some time.

Don´t you have the possibility to ask Aras support?

Angela

Children