Deletion on the null relation is allowed while it is not possible on the source (permission set) ?

オフライン

Hello,

I've an ItemType "Source" and a NULL relation.
After promoting ItemType "Source "to "Validated" an permission is set to disable Deletion :It works fine !

But, In the TOC, I can access to ItemType NULL relation.

After testing, I can remove item in NULL relation although the deletion on ITEM source is not possible.

On NULL relation, the permission seems to be good (the same as Source) !

Do you have a proposable to disable DELETE on NULL relation ?
Thanks

Parents
  • Hi Breton,

it´s not completely clear what you do. Do you have a two TOC entries? One for the main ItemType and a second one for displaying the NULL-relationships? 

• 0 オフライン in reply to AngelaIp

Hello,

yes I've 2 TOC entries : One for the main ItemType and a second one for displaying the NULL-relationships

Thanks

FB

• Hi Breton,

NULL relationships are not intended to be edited outside the scope of the source item. But of course it´s sometimes useful.

You mentioned you have two permissions. Do you as admin have given yourself "update" permission when the Items are in "Validated"? If yes, that´s your problem

E.g. compare it to "Part Cost" which is a NULL relationship used in Part. The ItemType is uses the source permissions "New Part" and "Released Part".

For Released Parts it´s important, that users don´t have "Delete" AND(!!!) "Update" permission. As soon as "Update" is enabled, users can also delete the NULL relationship, even if delete itself is disabled.. Not sure if this is a bug, but that´s how it is in my I12.

As alternative don´t use Source permission give the NULL relationship an independent Lifecycle. You then have to promote the Null-relationship permission when your parent item is promoted.

If you have a subscription, maybe ask Aras about this one. I would also be interested in knowing the "correct" way to deal with NULL-relationships.

Ciao

Angela

• 0 オフライン in reply to AngelaIp

hello, thanks for your reply !

ok, agree with you : use NULL relation outside the scope of the source item is not "clean", but I've a specific need.

yes, I will check with ARAS.
    Thanks

Reply Children
No Data