I have in an itemtype a Foreign property and the referred property is a foreign property in another itemtype. In the form of the itemtype the data source results undefined. How can I resolve?

I have the nested property  prop1 then cannot see in form.

How Can I resolve?

Parents Reply
  • Ah I see! I can confirm that the dropdown is only shown in the grid, but not in the form. 

And I think I know the reason. The datasource property used for the field links to the wrong ItemType. The detailed settings are unfortunately not visibly in the Form editor.

But "Field" contains a property "Propertytype_id" that links the field to the property. So in my case the property from "Part_AML" is linked, but not the one from "Manufacturer_Part".

I remember I once changed this one inside the SQL database to link the correct itemtype property. But I wouldn´t recommend the solution.

When you able to get the property data via AML, I would use an onLoad/onFormPopulate Method to fill the dropdown on form load.

It´s not hard to do and easier to maintain then manipulating the SQL database.

https://community.aras.com/f/development/3791/add-dropdown-values-programatticaly

Children