Filter ItemType properties to "Non Core" only

オフライン

if you are an Aras administrator or developer and often work with ItemTypes and their properties you know that each ItemType has many "Core" properties, such as "config_id", "created_on" and so on. Regular ItemType has 23 such properties and Relationship ItemType has 27.

if ItemType has only a few "User" properties you have to scroll up and down each time to find them among this "Core" properties. It's very annoying. But we can easily hide these properties that we rarely need anyway.

Open any ItemType and switch to "AML" search mode on search toolbar of "Properties" tab. Paste this condition into AML edit box:

<name condition="not in">'behavior','classification','config_id','created_by_id','created_on','css','current_state','generation','id','is_current','is_released','keyed_name','locked_by_id','major_rev','managed_by_id','minor_rev','modified_by_id','modified_on','new_version','not_lockable','owned_by_id','permission_id','related_id','sort_order','source_id','state','team_id'</name>
Run search. You'll see that only "User" properties displayed.

Click on "Star" right to "Properies" to add this search to Favorites and give it name like "Non Core" or "User properties".

Now for any ItemType you can click down arrow right to "Properties", select your "Non Core" favorite search and filter properties to only "User" properties.

Parents
  • Hi Alaxala,

thanks for the tip! I really like this one!

I agree to Gopi that it sometimes maybe confusing to filter some of the typical properties you might need on a regular basis, like state, owned_by_id, etc. . 

The custom abbreviation for own properties is well working solution most of the time. But I personally don´t use it for properties where Aras already had set some kind of standard -> item_number, name/title, description, release_date,... 

So in my case I often have a mix of own properties
    - Properties with abbreviation
    - OOTB properties
    - and "they are always named that way" properties. (->item_number)

Always a lot of fun explaining this during Admin trainings. For users with this kind of mixed naming your search mode is definitely helpful, especially for other admins to get a quick overview. I wouldn´t use it as default search mode, but as optional filter -> yes! Thanks for sharing the tip!

----

One other variant: I mainly use the sort_order to get a quick overview of the used properties. Everything I use gets a sort_order between 1-300 .. ;-). 

Ask 3 Aras developers - receive more then 27 variants to address a topic. :-D

• Hi Alaxala,

thanks for the tip! I really like this one!

I agree to Gopi that it sometimes maybe confusing to filter some of the typical properties you might need on a regular basis, like state, owned_by_id, etc. . 

The custom abbreviation for own properties is well working solution most of the time. But I personally don´t use it for properties where Aras already had set some kind of standard -> item_number, name/title, description, release_date,... 

So in my case I often have a mix of own properties
    - Properties with abbreviation
    - OOTB properties
    - and "they are always named that way" properties. (->item_number)

Always a lot of fun explaining this during Admin trainings. For users with this kind of mixed naming your search mode is definitely helpful, especially for other admins to get a quick overview. I wouldn´t use it as default search mode, but as optional filter -> yes! Thanks for sharing the tip!

----

One other variant: I mainly use the sort_order to get a quick overview of the used properties. Everything I use gets a sort_order between 1-300 .. ;-). 

Ask 3 Aras developers - receive more then 27 variants to address a topic. :-D

Children
No Data