Link in children's Item Type view to the parent's Item Type view

オフライン

Hello everyone,

Try explain, my scenario:

I have the Item Types related:

1° Item type Authorization.
2° Item type AuthorizationTittle.
3° Item type AuthorizationTittleRelation (only to related).

I need add a link or buton in AuthorizationTittle with a phisical link/url to open a view of your Authorization Parent.

Thanks.

Parents Reply Children
  • 0 オフライン in reply to AngelaIp

Hello, I have two forms one to insert new "Authorization" this below picture, and when I click in the in the button plus the new form is opened, to insert the new "AuthorizationTittle" second picture, and the issue is that I need the Authorization ID before save the AuthorizationTittle, second form.

Thanks.

• Much better! Slight smile

If your related item would be just a null-relationship things would be easy, cause you simply use the "source_id" property in your form.

If you have a related item with a relationship in between, things get more complicated. Problem: You can have more then one parent items.

Do you really need your mentioned "Authorization ID", or do you just search for a backlink option?

For viewing parent items the classical approach would be to use some kind of "Where Used / Parent items" tab with a TreeGridView that displays all parents of the item. For example ItemType "Manufacturer" uses this approach.

A custom html field in the Form that shows the ids or source elements itself would also be possible, but requires much more programming.

Thanks again,

I really need the Authorization ID before save the AuthorizationTittle, and I cant have in the AuthorizationTittle's form a selection list of Authorizations, this would have to be transparent to the user.

Do you have any more suggestions?

Thanks.

• OK, then just some ids? Which event type do you use?

Depending on the event, your code would look something like this:

Item findParent = inn.newItem("nameOfRelationship","get");
    findParent.setProperty("related_id","mytitulosid");
    findParent.setAttribute("select", "source_id");
    findParent = findParent.apply();

Item result = findParent.getItemByIndex(0).getProperty("source_id","");

return inn.newResult("Result: " + result);

You can try it in the Method editor first with hardcoded values.

Hello,

I tried something like this, in the before and after add in AuthorizationTittle, but the issue is that the RelationshipItemType is filled only in the save of the Authorization(parent) form.

It's a big issue.

Thanks.

• Ok I slowly understand your problem. In this case you cannot use onBeforeAdd/Update.

You need either a ItemType Client Event or a RelationshipType event. I am not sure right now cause I never had tested it by myself.

I would start with an onInsertRow event in RelationshipType:

Get the parent id with something like this: parent.thisItem.getID();

Then add the id automatically to the related item (check out Method 'Increment Sequence Number'). Approach with ItemType Event would be some kind of similar. 

Hello, angela,

Firstly thanks for the tips.

I got a solution, I'll try to explain it to you.

• 1° In the AuthorizationTittleRelation(relation item), I added the JS in the event OnInsertRow and this JS recover the parent.thisItem.getID() and set a document.cookie "currentAuthorizationJSON".
    • 2° In the AuthorizationTittle more specific in the form, I add the JS in the event OnFormPopulated that do this below.
      FYI: The z_authorization(Item is your type) is my field in the AuthorizationTittle the related with Authorization.

if (document.thisItem.getProperty("z_authorization") === undefined ||
    document.thisItem.getProperty("z_authorization") === null ||
    document.thisItem.getProperty("z_authorization").trim() === '') {

var currentAuthorizationObj = JSON.parse(getCookie('currentAuthorizationJSON'));

document.thisItem.setProperty("z_authorization", currentAuthorizationObj.id);
    }

• 3° And to have the link to Authorization in the AuthorizationTittle's form I added in the form the field of the Item Type(z_authorization) with Disabled checked.

Thanks.