Calling server side Methods directly from CUI element ?

Hi community,

does anyone know anything about calling server side Methods from CUI elements?

Right now we can only use client events for CUI elements. Sure this elements can call a server event and then return the result, but we ALWAYS need the extra Method and I am tired of it.

I tried to use a standardized calling Method, but often one static Method doesn´t fit to all the CUI variants. 

CUI sometimes uses server events, but mainly to "build" complex non-standard elements automatically and not really for normal user interaction (Data Model).

The predecessor of CUI elements were 'Actions'. These elements supported both types of Methods, client and server. So I have some hope that server support for CUI is not complete illusionary.

I am not sure if we really can find a solution within this forum thread. Of course if you know a solution or workaround and I haven´t noticed it I would be happy to know! But maybe we can collect people who also want Server Method support for CUI. And if times go on as crazy as they are, Aras will even see one day that there is a demand for this feature!

Thanks!

Angela