Hide Button by Classification

This seems straightforward, but I'm not having any luck.

We've modified the Document ItemType with an additional Classification category to link out to documents produced in another system.  For this, we want to hide the "Open in Office" button.

Have followed the CUI Admin Guide and the Configuring Solutions guide for Removing a button, with the modification of inputting the classification into the Command Bar Item "Classification" field.

But that doesn't remove the button...  Is there somewhere else this goes or how can this be done?

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi Jeff, 

you can do this with an "init" Method in your CUI element. It´s possible to disable a CUI button according to specific properties. I don´t have a sample at hand, but take a look on some of the existing CUI elements that do something similar. Maybe the Promote/Mass Promote elements.

Edit: I never used the "classifications" so I am not sure if this would be the better variant. But I remember I disable one button according to the "state" property, which is somekind of similar

• Thanks Angela.  I've found the Init method for the button and just need to decipher how it's interpreting whether to show it or not.  The logic in the method doesn't refer to any properties that I can see, it's all variables in the method.  But regardless, this is a good starting point, thanks. 

Reply Children
No Data