how upload pdf as a viewable file without conversion task

オフライン

hello, all

we have 12.0 SP9 + SW EPDM Connector R04

we have a custom pdf generator and would like to connect it to Aras.
Initial idea was to create a submit task in PDM Administration and send to it custom generated pdf but it looks like we have problem with that.
(for some reason system do not see necessary files)

maybe somebody have had such experience or any idea is also also welcome. 

Parents
  • Hi Pavel,

I want to build something similar for a custom document management system.

You can upload pdf with standard IOM api or rest. Do you have programmed the shown tool by yourself? Are you already able to generate the pdf itself? The upload it self should be a big deal, maybe it´s just a permission problem?

• I know a bit about Solidworks PDM but not much about the Aras Solidworks connector. Not sure how much this one is customizable.

Isn´t the Aras Solidworks plugin just an installer? Are you able to add custom functionality to this one?

I hope I don´t talk bullsh*t right now. When you´re able to add custom code, I thought it should be able to run custom code like the file upload via iom.dll.
    ..Or maybe run a curl script that does an upload via rest API.
    ..Or call a custom Aras Method that does the upload (when file is located on server already). 

Really not sure if any of this one can work in your context. Basically you have to discover your file, make a server connection and upload this one, create a new CAD document or something else.

With permission I not meant Aras permission, but the permission to access folders or files on client or server.

Not sure if this one is really what you´re are looking for. As mentioned before, I am not familiar with customizing the Solidworks connector. I mainly answered, cause I am interested in the use case.

• I know a bit about Solidworks PDM but not much about the Aras Solidworks connector. Not sure how much this one is customizable.

Isn´t the Aras Solidworks plugin just an installer? Are you able to add custom functionality to this one?

I hope I don´t talk bullsh*t right now. When you´re able to add custom code, I thought it should be able to run custom code like the file upload via iom.dll.
    ..Or maybe run a curl script that does an upload via rest API.
    ..Or call a custom Aras Method that does the upload (when file is located on server already). 

Really not sure if any of this one can work in your context. Basically you have to discover your file, make a server connection and upload this one, create a new CAD document or something else.

With permission I not meant Aras permission, but the permission to access folders or files on client or server.

Not sure if this one is really what you´re are looking for. As mentioned before, I am not familiar with customizing the Solidworks connector. I mainly answered, cause I am interested in the use case.

Children
No Data