how to get current URL in Email message context

オフライン

Hello, 

In email message, I would like to push for user an Shortcut of Linked ITEM. Like that it will be easier for user to Access to ITEM.

I know how to get ID if ITEM : I0215_CMEcu:xxxxxx

But how to get current URL in Email message context ?

Example : http://aras-dv4...........fr/2as/?StartItem=i0215_CMEcu:58E855AE3EDD42F59639B7FD916FDDF3

• Hi Breton

I don't find an easier way to get the URL of an item but you can use the below steps as workaround. You can create a generic method that create the URL and return to your method

Step 1: Create a Server Side (C#) Method  and copy below code - Method Name : generateURL

Innovator inn = this.getInnovator();
    string itemType = this.getProperty("itemType");
    string itemId = this.getProperty("itemId");
    string protocol = HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Scheme;
    string hostName = HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Host;
    string dbName = HttpContext.Current.Request.Url.Segments[1];
    Item outputUrl = inn.newItem("");
    outputUrl.setProperty("itemurl", protocol + "://" + hostName + "/" + dbName + "?StartItem=" + itemType + ":"+itemId);
    return outputUrl;

If you want URL of an item in Client Method (Javascript) then use below lines in your method

var getURL = innovator.newItem("Method","generateURL");
    getURL.setProperty("itemType", parent.thisItem.getType());
    getURL.setProperty("itemId",parent.thisItem.getID());
    getURL = getURL.apply();
    var itemURL = getURL.getProperty("itemurl");

If you want URL of an item in Server Method (C#) then use below lines in your method

Item getURL = this.getInnovator().newItem("Method","generateURL");
    getURL.setProperty("itemType", this.getType());
    getURL.setProperty("itemId", this.getID());
    getURL = getURL.apply();
    string itemURL = getURL.getProperty("itemurl");

Thank You

Gopikrishnan R

• 0 オフライン in reply to Gopikrishnan

Hello, thanks a lot. :-)

I 'm going to check it today.
    FB

• Breton,

Good day.  This is how I have my EMail Message notifications set up.  It provides a link to the task for a change.  I have these assigned to the Activity Template > Notifications on the Workflow.  I set the event to On Activate and Target All Assigned.  I designed the e-mail to be generic so I could assign them to any of the Activities without having to change the notification.

Subject

ARAS - ${Item[2]/sm_weapon_system_name} - ${Item[3]/label}: ${Item[@type="Activity"]/name} -  ${Item[2]/item_number} - ${Item[2]/title}

Body HTML

<body><font-size=”+1”>
    <p>A ${Item[3]/label} is ready for review. Please log in to ARAS and navigate to My Innovator/My InBasket to take the appropriate actions.</p>

<p><b>${Item[3]/label}: <a href=eide-aras.myngc.com/.../default.aspx

<b>Due Date: </b>${Item[2]/due_date}<br/>
    <b>Assigned To: </b>${Item[2]/drafter}<br>
    <b>Affected Item: </b>${Item[2]/affected_item}<br>
    <b>Title: </b>${Item[2]/title}<br/>
    <b>Change Description: </b>${Item[2]/description}</p>

<p><b>Activity: </b>${Item[@type="Activity"]/name}<br/>
    <b>Instructions: </b>${Item[@type="Activity"]/message}</p>

<p><a href="">eide-aras.myngc.com/.../default.aspx InBasket Link</b></a></p>

<br>
    <p>If any assistance is required, please contact the SMORS CM Team.<br>
    - [email protected]<br>
    - <a href="">eide.myngc.com/.../Home.aspx CM Page<a></p>

<br>
    <p>Thank you!</p>
    </body>

Query String
    <Item type="Activity" id="${Item/ActivityId}" action="get" select="name,message"/>
    <Item type="${Item/@type}" id="${Item/@id}" action="get" select="item_number,title,due_date,drafter,classification,sm_weapon_system_name,description"/>
    <Item type="ItemType" id="${Item/@typeId}" action="get" select="label,name"/>
  • 0 オフライン in reply to Nathan H.

Hello, Thanks a lot.
    I will test it..when I will have some time.
    But this is a good proposal !

FB

• Hi community,

I wonder if anyone in the meanwhile found a "perfect" solution for relative URLs in Email Message items? The ideas mentioned in this thread all help to improve the situation. But maybe there are other options that we don´t know yet?

@Gopi: Your variant is great for Methods! For JS even a simpler solution is available: var url = aras.getInnovatorUrl(); Smiley

But is it possible to use the Method or any kind of code in Email Messages?

I tried to find something helpful in the codetree, but it seems that emailing is part of the core itself. Best solution would be some additional Variable, just like $[USER] or $[ALIAS]. 

• For anyone who comes across this thread in the future.

I've been including URLs in emails that go directly to the item in PLM by the following means:
    <a href='REPLACEWITHPLMDOMAIN/ ECO:${Item[2]/id} '>

This uses the id from the 2nd query string I have for the item itself:

<Item type="Activity" id="${Item/ActivityId}" action="get" select="name,message"/>
    <Item type="${Item/@type}" id="${Item/@id}" action="get" select="item_number,title,classification"/>

Feel free to replace "Express ECO" with any other ItemType you want your URL to direct to.
    You can get an idea of how the URL should look for your item by using the "Copy Link" action for that item to see the URL structure.

Cheers,

Troy