Requirements editor not showing anything?

Someone (actually not me) edited the properties of the requirement itemType.

I think they tried to get the editor into the form.

They then changed the content properties to a different data type and now nothing seems to work.

Anyone knows what to do next, or can post a snapshot of their properties of the requirement itemtype?

Parents
  • I don´t have RM installed right now. Can you give more details?

Do you still see the grid? Can you open items? Do you get an error message?

• Everything open fine. It's just the editor that has lost all functionality. When opening a requirement, you see the standard form. But when you change to the editor, nothing shows. It switches the layout as if it tries to show but there is nothing there.

Hence I thought that if I switch back the properties to the original the functionality would return.

Is there anyway to revert to "out-of-the-box" regarding itemTypes (like a system restore of hte itemType)

• Sounds like the Form field has lost connection to the properties. Edit your Form and click the individual fields. If they don´t have a "Data Source" than this is your error.

Also take a look of the assigned Forms to the main RM itemtype. If there is no "Default" form, than also these kind of strange views can happen.

You can reimport the RM solution to fix the issue. It´s possible to just import the affected elements. But I assume your problem should be easy to fix.

See this incident as perfect reason to get your self a test system or at least use a secondary test database. :D

• Sounds like the Form field has lost connection to the properties. Edit your Form and click the individual fields. If they don´t have a "Data Source" than this is your error.

Also take a look of the assigned Forms to the main RM itemtype. If there is no "Default" form, than also these kind of strange views can happen.

You can reimport the RM solution to fix the issue. It´s possible to just import the affected elements. But I assume your problem should be easy to fix.

See this incident as perfect reason to get your self a test system or at least use a secondary test database. :D

Children