External Hyperlink

オフライン
Hallo, recently I’ve created an self-defined ItemType with a Null-Relationship. I’ve added a string property “URL Link” to it so that it should link to external URLs. (e.g. “https://www.aras.com/”) But it is a plain text, how can I set it as Hyperlink? Thank you.
Parents
  • Hi, I have a similar usecase than chenze. The main question is probably to use hyperlinks in the grid and not in the Form. In my case I use an additional Null-Relationship for Hyperlinks in the ItemType Part. Users shall be able to open hyperlinks directly from the relationship grid. I didn´t spent too much time on this, because I expect some kind of hyperlink data type will one day be implemented anyway. This one is my current workaround: 1. Open Relationship ItemType used for storing the hyperlinks 2. Go to Client Events tab 3. Add new OnShowItem Method 4. Add the following code
    var path = this.getProperty("link_path"); // <- use name of property that stores the hyperlink
    window.open(path, '_blank');
    This solution overrides the custom form, so it´s only sufficient when you really just store some simple hyperlinks in the relationship grid. Some other options for the Relationship grid would be a custom Action or to create a separate ItemType for hyperlinks (better look&feel). If there is a solution for a "real" hyperlink properties in grids available, I would be highly interested in it!
  • Hi Angelap,

I believe this should be viewed as 2 separate questions:

1) How do I add an on-click event to follow a URI/URL?
    This depends on where you want the link to appear, but essentially you can use the OnClick of the Grid, or OnLoad of the form as you mentioned..

2) How do I style a string field to look like a link?
    This can be achieved by adding css to the Item (assuming you are using a property called myproperty) you could set the default value for css to
    .myproperty{
        color: #0000AA; /* Change this with links color*/
        cursor: pointer;
        text-decoration: underline;
    };

Many thanks,
    Martin

• Hi Angelap,

I believe this should be viewed as 2 separate questions:

1) How do I add an on-click event to follow a URI/URL?
    This depends on where you want the link to appear, but essentially you can use the OnClick of the Grid, or OnLoad of the form as you mentioned..

2) How do I style a string field to look like a link?
    This can be achieved by adding css to the Item (assuming you are using a property called myproperty) you could set the default value for css to
    .myproperty{
        color: #0000AA; /* Change this with links color*/
        cursor: pointer;
        text-decoration: underline;
    };

Many thanks,
    Martin

Children