External Hyperlink

Hallo, recently I’ve created an self-defined ItemType with a Null-Relationship. I’ve added a string property “URL Link” to it so that it should link to external URLs. (e.g. “https://www.aras.com/”) But it is a plain text, how can I set it as Hyperlink? Thank you.
Parents
  • Hi chenze, There are a few different ways you could handle the url property on your item form. I would probably create two fields:
    1. Text field: Set the data source to your URL Link property. This field should be visible when the form is locked by the current user.
    2. HTML field: Add an anchor tag to the field content that links to the URL Link's value. This field should be visible when the form is unlocked or locked by another user.
    Here is a Gist showing some sample code for this use case: And here is the source I used for the HTML field in the example:
    <a id="my-link" href="" target="_blank"></a>
    Hope this helps! Eli
    Eli Donahue Aras Labs Software Engineer
  • Hi chenze, There are a few different ways you could handle the url property on your item form. I would probably create two fields:
    1. Text field: Set the data source to your URL Link property. This field should be visible when the form is locked by the current user.
    2. HTML field: Add an anchor tag to the field content that links to the URL Link's value. This field should be visible when the form is unlocked or locked by another user.
    Here is a Gist showing some sample code for this use case: And here is the source I used for the HTML field in the example:
    <a id="my-link" href="" target="_blank"></a>
    Hope this helps! Eli
    Eli Donahue Aras Labs Software Engineer
Children
No Data