Constraints not working on an integer field form

Hello, I created a new "feedback" ItemType for my users to write remarks about Aras.

I want them to rank the priority of the feedback with an integer from 1 to 5. For this, I created a _priority property in the itemtype which is of type "Integer". I set the range Min to 1 and Max to 5, and checked the "inclusive" box. I also put a value of 1.

Then I created a form and added the _priority as a text field (I first tried with a combobox but it didn't provide any selectable values, I would be happy if you can help me about that too).

The form works well, the default value of 1 is here, but the user is able to enter any kind of integer (200, or even -8) and can still submit the form. I also tried to add a pattern ([1-5], and even/^[1-5]$/) but that didn't change anything, the validation isn't working. Is there something wrong in my databinding?

Does anyone know why? Thank you.

Parents Reply
  • Depends on your use case. Sometimes lists are easier. But pattern validation is not uncommon. I use this code in a onLoad Method for a quantity selector, which also stores an integer value:

var field4 = getFieldByName("_qty");
    var input4 = field4.getElementsByTagName("input")[0];
    input4.setAttribute("pattern","/^-?\d+\.?\d*$/"); 
    input4.setAttribute("maxlength", "4");
    input4.setAttribute("type", "number");
    input4.setAttribute("min", "1");
    input4.setAttribute("max", "300");
    input4.setAttribute("onKeyPress", "if(this.value.length==3) return false;");

Children
No Data