Operations does not show up in the MPP ProcessPlan page. Thanks!

Hi All,

In  MPP (Process Plan) module, we did change to select an existing operation instead of  inserting an operation manually in MPP.  The operation I selected has been saved into relationship Itemtype MPP_ProcessPlanOperation which I created, but the operation does not show up in the MPP process plan page. Any ideas? Thanks a lot. 

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Best,Jen

• Hi Jenli,

you´re are doing an interesting MPP customization. I am curious. How did you customize the ItemTypes to make Operation reusable? OOTB Operations are only Null-relationships that are directly linked to the ProcessPlan. At which level does your custom ItemType "MPP_ProcessPlanOperation" show up? Does your ItemType replace the original Operation ItemType?

I have done a lot of MPP customization in the past. I expect a customization like this may need some customization in various positions, like

- Render Methods
    - Document Type
    - Codetree

Have you customized any Method so far?

• Hi Angelalp,

Thanks for your info. and exploration on my question. I created the MPP_ProcessPlanOperation as an relationship type of MPP_Operation, meanwhile added MPP_ProcessPlanOperation into the ModelEnums and updated a few code over there, finally you will see the MPP_ProcessPlanOperation showing up.

For my issue, I took  a look at the  mpp_OperationElementRenderer method,  the Object " schemaElement " which actually has no data in  there (please see the screenshot), which cause the issue that selected operation does not show.  Any thoughts for this? Thank you Angelalp.

Best, Jen

• I think I understand what's happening. It looks like you're creating some new operations, but not assigning them any variables

• Hi Orinwisozka,

Thanks for your reply. I am wondering what variables to be set here? Thanks. 

• Hi Jenli,

seems like Orinwisozka discovered something very important! I am not sure if I interpret this hint right, but I will try: Your empty entries in the search dialog seems to appear NULL relationships that are not assigned to related items / Operations. The regular OOTB code only use NULL relationships. With your reusable Operation you may have to tie your Operations by the property related_id to appear.

• Hi Angel, I totally agree with you guys and there should be something connect the existing Operation to ProcessPlan, I check into the DB mpp_ProcessPlanOperation Table and  here is what I found, property source_id is ProcessPlan property id which is used to connect the Operation to individual  ProcessPlan, and also property related_id represent for mpp_Operation property ID , which stands for mpp_ProcessPlanOperation is the relationship type of mpp_Operation. So, I am confused that anything else should be set here? Thanks!

• Hi Jenli,

ok, db seems to be ok. You mentioned that you edited the removed.js. As you are already able to open the search dialog for inserting Operations, you seem to have changed a couple of other codetree files successful already.

Have you changed anything regarding the inserting of "related" Operations? Should be in removed.js. It contains a case for adding Operation. Compare it to the case used for ConsumedPart. Do you have something similar for your custom Operations?

• Hi Angel, I did compare the case for Skill with the Operation, and change the code like this, which is use for adding an existing operation instead of OOTB manually inserting an operation. I think ConsumedPart is the same thing, right, puzzled... Thanks.