Operations does not show up in the MPP ProcessPlan page. Thanks!

Hi All,

In  MPP (Process Plan) module, we did change to select an existing operation instead of  inserting an operation manually in MPP.  The operation I selected has been saved into relationship Itemtype MPP_ProcessPlanOperation which I created, but the operation does not show up in the MPP process plan page. Any ideas? Thanks a lot. 

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Best,Jen

Parents
  • Hi Jen,

If I'm understanding you correctly, I think I understand what's happening. It looks like you're creating some new operations, but not assigning them any variables (name,desc, etc). That's why when you perform this search, there are two empty rows. They exist and have been saved, but don't have any identifying information so it appears that they're not there.

If I misunderstood the issue please let me know!

AJ

• Hi Aj,
    Thanks for your reply. I attached the new screenshots for you, and there is no empty row problem currently. Actually, the issue is when I select an operation from Search Dialog trying to add into MPP_ProcessPlan,the operation has been save into MPP_ProcessPlanOperation successfully as I expected, (MPP_ProcessPlanOperation is the relationship type of MPP_Operation that I created), however the Operation does not show up on MPP page left Tree structure and right side. Please see the screenshots below, I believe that would be helpful for you to get more info.
    Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks very much!
    Best,Jen Li
  • If you were to go into the mpp_processplanoperation relationship and make it visible, can you see the relationships in that tab on the process plan? I'm wondering if it's an issue when attempting to render the actual plan itself, or if the relationship isn't getting added for some reason. 

Have you made any modifications to the standard MPP data model? How did you create the other process plans if you're unable to add operations?

• Hi AJ,I created the MPP_ProcessPlanOperation as relationship type of MPP_Operation which I added and modified for data model. Those mpp data I added before I made changes by using the standard version, Please see the screenshot, then I made change to open a search a dialog instead of manually inserting and find out the selected operation does not show up.

by the way, the mpp_processplanoperation has always been visible. Thanks. 

Best,Jen

• My recommendation was to unhide the mpp_operation relationship so you can view it in a relationship tab. You'll have to expose the relationsihps tab by unchecking the "select in all" button on the mpp_operation relationship.

Once you've done that, the MPP form should look like the following screenshot.

I wanted to see this view to see if the issue is saving the relationship, or if the render is unable to render the existing operations.

• My recommendation was to unhide the mpp_operation relationship so you can view it in a relationship tab. You'll have to expose the relationsihps tab by unchecking the "select in all" button on the mpp_operation relationship.

Once you've done that, the MPP form should look like the following screenshot.

I wanted to see this view to see if the issue is saving the relationship, or if the render is unable to render the existing operations.

Children