How to Update the value of xClasss xProperty by AML or API?

Hi Eli, How to Update the value of  xClasss xProperty via API or AML? I can get the value of an xProperty  via MyItem.getProperty("xp-MyPropertyName") or AML. But I failed to update xProperty this way. Item MyItem = innovator.newItem("Part","edit"); MyItem.setID("xxxxxxxx"); MyItem.setProperty("xp-length","10"); MyItem.apply();   Lin    
Parents
  • Hi Lin, If your xProperty is already defined, try setting the set attribute on the xProperty like this:
    Item MyItem = innovator.newItem("Part","edit");
    MyItem.setID("xxxxxxxx");
    MyItem.setProperty("xp-length","10");
    MyItem.setPropertyAttribute("xp-length","set","value");
    MyItem.apply();
    This code will result in AML like this:
    <Item type="Part" action="edit" id="xxxxxxxx">
       <xp-length set="value">10<xp-length/>
    </Item>
    Eli
    Eli Donahue Aras Labs Software Engineer
  • Hi Eli,

We added extended classifications to our PART itemtype after we had already established thousands of records for parts. How can I do a global update to all parts and set the "extended property value". I try to create a method to update parts , but it gives me an error "You tried to perform "update" operation against not defined Extended Properties". I'm assuming because the parts were created before we setup "extended classifications"

• Hi Eli,

We added extended classifications to our PART itemtype after we had already established thousands of records for parts. How can I do a global update to all parts and set the "extended property value". I try to create a method to update parts , but it gives me an error "You tried to perform "update" operation against not defined Extended Properties". I'm assuming because the parts were created before we setup "extended classifications"

Children
No Data