Fixed vs hard fixed difference

オフライン

whats the difference between fixed and hard fixed relatioship

Parents
  • There are diagrams around these terms and usage in :"10 - Defining Lifecycles and Versioning" of the "Aras_Innovator12_Configuring Solutions_StudentGuide_JUNE_2020.pdf" from the Configuring Solutions class. Unfortunately, this is not clear to me from the materials. I know there are four kinds and the difference of Fixed and Float, but not what "Hard" does to these.

• 0 オフライン in reply to neil.lindberg

Hello Neil, I know that hard fix fixes to one specific generation no matter what happens but what about just simple fix what does that do

• 0 オフライン in reply to hkhan

I just re-read Unit 10 and unfortunately the info needs updated to include better definitions. I'm going to watch this post as I don't know the answer myself. I will leave you with a quote from the class materials that may help with further investigation:
    This behavior is in accordance with the CMII standard.

• It´s not so difficult (when you have mastered it after 3 endless years)

"Hard" says, that the behavior cannot be overwritten by the LifeCycle (if you have one). 

For classical Parts this would mean:

Float -> BOM item will automatically float to it´s latest version, as long as you haven´t released your parent. On release it behavior will be overwritten to Fixed and then freeze the version.

Hard Float -> In your relationship, ALWAYS the newest item will be linked, no matter if we are in Preliminary, Released of whatever

Hard Fixed -> In your BOM relationship, nothing will be updated automatically. If you use Generation 3 of a Part, it will remain Generation 3, no matter if the state has changed or if there already 17 newer version of the Part.

I actually prefer using Hard Fixed for most of our tasks to prevent unwanted changes.

• 0 オフライン in reply to AngelaIp

Angela,

Where did you find this information? This should definitely be in the Configuring Solutions class guide, Unit 10, on Versioning. Currently it does not explain this well.

I would like to forward your answer to the teachers, giving credit.

Thank you!

Neil

Reply Children
No Data