Customize login panel

Hi,

On the login panel, I would like to add a button or a link to an external form to request an account.

Something like this:

Is it possible to do that in ARAS R12 SP8 ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Angelalp,

Thank you for your answer.

I can see in the blog article that you find a solution but you said that "I don´t want to share my current solution in public right now, cause I want Aras to provide a better solution.".

Could you share your solution with me in private ?

For your information, I tried to add a button into the SVG opening a specific html page but this doesn't work because the SVG is added in the page through a:
    style="background-image: url("">fr0-viaas-101/.../arasInnovator.svg");"

Thank you in advance.

• I share the solution to community members that can explain credibly that they solely want to use it for their own Innovator instance and don´t sell it to other customers.

I don't want to support community members who steal ideas from the forum for their own businesses without ever contributing anything.

@Miraks: As I see that you actively help people in this forum, you have a good change :-)

• Hi,

I like your "GPL" like spirit. 
    I'm from AIRBUS, and I develop an application used internally. This application won't be sell outside (we are selling planes, not applications).
    I would like to have a "request account" button on the login panel to allow new users to request for an account.

I'm trying to participate in this forum as best I can.
    But, I participate more in the improvement of ARAS by making direct requests to ARAS support by email. I don't know if this is a good idea to share those requests in this forum. What do you think ?

• Oh that´s excellent! Just tell Aras that Airbus supports ALL my support request, ideas and other remarks that I ever made!

You got an inmail.

If anyone else is interested in this solution, just let me know. I'm very excited to encourage everyone to support my requests! :-)

• I would be interested in this, as well.  We're hoping to link to an external help document in our environment.  Thanks!

• Hi Wesley,

So far I only know the solution to "inject" the custom elements on runtime. 

I assume you are an subscriber. Have you asked Aras about this one? This one is a feature that it requested very often. And if more people ask it´s more likely we get a standard solution.

I wonder if the latest Aras version already contain some kind of ootb option.

• Yes, we're a subscriber.  I asked support about this, but they said they don't have any official solution, and don't have any examples.

I have seen examples where a whole custom login page is used, then they just pass the auth to Innovator.  But, this is a bit more complex of a solution than I was hoping for.

Oh well, we'll just have to do without it for now.  Aras Support did put in an IR, so maybe one day.