Database Server in Development Server Setup

I have a PC with 240GB SSD and 500GB HDD. However I would just like to clarify since from the Platform Specifications Documentation, Database Server requires RAID 4-6 and several drives. Do I have to do this when I plan to do first a Development Server? Thank you very much.

Parents
  • Hello,

You do not need to do that for a development server. The hardware listed in the Platform Specifications are recommendations for production systems. For much of my development, I'm the only user, so I have several different Aras Innovator instances installed onto a laptop I use as my work machine.

There are some software requirements that you'll need however. I'd recommend checking out our blog post on setting up a dev machine for a list of software you'll need to download and install as well as a list of windows requirements you'll need to activate.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hello,

You do not need to do that for a development server. The hardware listed in the Platform Specifications are recommendations for production systems. For much of my development, I'm the only user, so I have several different Aras Innovator instances installed onto a laptop I use as my work machine.

There are some software requirements that you'll need however. I'd recommend checking out our blog post on setting up a dev machine for a list of software you'll need to download and install as well as a list of windows requirements you'll need to activate.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Children