Configurable InBasket, how to enable/disable?

Hi, I have some trouble to understand the concept of the Configurable Inbasket. When I click Action -> Hide Configurable Inbasket the look&feel of the change the InBasket appearance to a more simple version. Check! But how can I revert this setting? I only find the following Method + Action: The Hide Configurable Inbasket Action links to the Method ConfigurableInBasket_Enable. A little bit confusing.... Best regards! Angela
  • Hi Angela, There are currently two InBasket implementations within Aras Innovator.
    1. Configurable InBasket - The newer InBasket that is now enabled by default
    2. Non-Configurable InBasket - An older version of the InBasket from before Aras Innovator 9.4
    When the Configurable InBasket was first introduced back around 9.4.0 SP2, it was hidden by default. For convenience, we implemented an "Enable Configurable InBasket" action to allow customers to easily switch to the newer, preferred implementation. Eventually, the Configurable InBasket became the default, but some customers still wanted to use the older InBasket. Because of this, the "Enable Configurable InBasket" action became the "Hide Configurable InBasket" action. However, the name of the Method that this action controls (ConfigurableInBasket_Enable) did not change. I believe this was done to discourage administrators from switching back and forth between the two InBaskets. If the name of the Method had changed, customers who upgraded to a newer version would have both a ConfigurableInBasket_Enable and a ConfigurableInBasket_Disable method. I hope that clears up some of the confusion around the misnomer of the method name. To answer your first question, it is possible to revert the changes the "Hide Configurable InBasket" action makes by following the steps below.
    1. Login as an administrator
    2. Navigate to TOC > Administration > ItemTypes
    3. Search for "My InBasket" in the Plural Label column
      1. You should see two results: Activity Assignment and InBasket Task
    4. Disable the Old InBasket
      1. Open and lock Activity Assignment
      2. Navigate to the TOC Access relationship tab
      3. Delete the entry here that points to the World Identity
      4. Add a new relationship to the Super User Identity
      5. Set the Category of this new relationship to My Innovator
      6. Save, Unlock, and Close the Activity Assignment ItemType
    5. Enable the Configurable InBasket
      1. Open and lock InBasket Task
      2. Navigate to the TOC Access relationship tab
      3. Delete the entry here that points to the Super User Identity
      4. Add a new relationship to the World Identity
      5. Set the Category of this new relationship to My Innovator
      6. Save, Unlock, and Close the InBasket Task ItemType
    6. Confirm that My InBasket has now reverted back to the default look
    Chris
    Christopher Gillis Aras Labs Software Engineer
  • Thank you for the detailed answer! That answered all my questions.