How to create a new Part TOC menu item that does a custom search?

Hi, On the ACE 2017 Europe conference, a technique that utilized Federated Data to add a TOC menu item that did a custom search was showcased. In my case, I want to add a new TOC menu item, besides the Part menu item, that searches among Released Parts. I.e., the menu item should be called "Parts Released", clicking it and then clicking the "Run Search" button should return a list of parts that are released. On the conference, they said that I should create a new dummy ItemType, and redirect its requests to the real Part by modifying the onBeforeGet to server event. Apparently this is related to data federation according to the presenter. However, I do not remember the exact steps to implement this. I got the impression that there should example code demonstrating this on Aras' GitHub page. However, I have browsed through several pages of Aras' repositories on GitHub, and I cannot find any project that sounds to be what I am looking or. Does anybody know how to achieve what I am asking for? Or where sample code can be found? Please tell me if you want me to clarify anything in my description. Thanks,
Parents
  • I am happy to see that this forum thread is one of the most viewed in the Aras forum.

@Hey Aras,

Can you give me a short update to this one? Will the feature discussed in this threat actually be a standard feature in 12 SP4? I have seen something comparable at ACE Europe in a presentation about upcoming features. I at least know that Aras knows about this topic and the project and that it was used by some folks out there. Even if the project is mainly a proof-of-concept, it would be fair to know, if Aras decided to provide a standard solution for this task. It´s important that these kind of information is available for community, to avoid that the community wastes further time for ideas that already made it to the Aras roadmap.

• Any news? Lately, getting answers from Aras has become very difficult.

Reply Children
No Data