How to change size of nested form?

Hi, I would like to add a Nested Form within a Form. So I added a new field of type Nested Form and added my Data Source Item. The linked Item is shown correct, but the default size of the nested box is to small. How can change increase the size? I have already tried using the following code in the Field CSS tab:
{$this field rule} .sys_ft_nested_form { width: 900px; height: 700px; } {$this field rule} { margin: 5px 0px 5px 0px; width: 900px; height: 700px; }
Unfortunately, that was not the solution. Any ideas? Thanks again!
Parents Reply Children
  • BTW if anyone runs across this as well, you can size the iframe specifically by their ids.  So if you have an iframe with and id "nested_part_form".  You could refer to it in the Form Body like the below to control size and position:

#nested_part_form {
    position: absolute;
    top: 60px;
    left: 10px;
    width: 650px;
    height: 400px;
    }

That way you can individually control them, not just a generic size for iFrames.

• Hi Jeff, 

thanks for the additional information! 6 year ago I was very happy to achieve any trivial basic styling at all Joy.

So far, I never even used the nested Form in production, cause nested Forms cannot do really much beside displaying a Form without giving users options for interaction. And they look odd, cause you cannot choose with Form template to use. But I pretty sure one day I will find a use case for them. Thanks!

Angela