Force user to delete their browser cache?

Hi, When adding new features to an Aras instance, it is sometimes necessary for users to clear their browser cache. What is the best way to force users to delete their browser cache? I don´t think it´s technically possible to do this automatically, is it? How do other users deal with it? Are their any best practice tips (except sending a notification message)? Thanks!!
Parents
  • Hi community,

25 days ago I wrote this sentence: "Since I use Innovator 12 I never had trouble with cache problems."

This smug sentence aged like milk. Cause there is one client side scenario where I right now constantly face caching problems.

Let´s assume we have a regular custom ItemType with Form, Lifecycle and a few custom CUI elements. The ItemType and it´s components are only accessible for a certain "Identity" user group.

When a new user shall access this ItemType, I just add the user to the Identity and ask the user to restart Innovator.
    After restart the user can access the ItemType. Everything works, but not the CUI elements. They just don´t appear. But 
    CUI elements will work on the next day (!) or when user use browser incognito mode. 

Does anyone one know how to improve cache update when using CUI elements? I don´t want that admins have to update web.config counter each time we add a user to "something". 

Have you seen similar behavior in your Innovator? I am still using Innovator 12, not sure if Aras already has improved it.

• Hi community,

25 days ago I wrote this sentence: "Since I use Innovator 12 I never had trouble with cache problems."

This smug sentence aged like milk. Cause there is one client side scenario where I right now constantly face caching problems.

Let´s assume we have a regular custom ItemType with Form, Lifecycle and a few custom CUI elements. The ItemType and it´s components are only accessible for a certain "Identity" user group.

When a new user shall access this ItemType, I just add the user to the Identity and ask the user to restart Innovator.
    After restart the user can access the ItemType. Everything works, but not the CUI elements. They just don´t appear. But 
    CUI elements will work on the next day (!) or when user use browser incognito mode. 

Does anyone one know how to improve cache update when using CUI elements? I don´t want that admins have to update web.config counter each time we add a user to "something". 

Have you seen similar behavior in your Innovator? I am still using Innovator 12, not sure if Aras already has improved it.

Children
No Data