CR Email Notification

I am trying to create an email notification when a CR is promoted to the state of In Review from the state of New. Our CRs do not have a workflow so I configured the email notification in the life cycle state of In Review. Unfortunately, it does not work. I tested my query string in AML Studio and it works.What do I have wrong?

Subject

${Item[@type="a_CR"]/a_business_unit} CR Number ${Item[@type="a_CR"]/cr_number} is Pending Your Review

Query String

<Item type="a_CR" action="get" select="id,cr_number,a_business_unit,change_description,change_reason,req_dept">
<id>${Item/id}</id>
</Item>

Body HTML

${Item[@type="a_CR"]/cr_number} is now pending your review in Innovator.
<br/><br/>
<table>
    <tr>
        <td>Business Unit:</td>
        <td>${Item[@type="a_CR"]/a_business_unit}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td>CR Number:</td>
        <td>${Item[@type="a_CR"]/cr_number}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td>Change Request:</td>
        <td>${Item[@type="a_CR"]/change_description}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td>Change Reason:</td>
        <td>${Item[@type="a_CR"]/change_reason}</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
        <td>Requesting Department:</td>
        <td>${Item[@type="a_CR"]/req_dept}</td>
    </tr>

</table>

Parents
  • Hello Dkinsley,

The first thing I would check is that the email server itself is working. When you installed Aras Innovator, you gave it an SMTP server which would have defaulted to "queue" but you might need to change it- look at your InnovatorServerConfig.xml file (it will be in the installation folder for your instance) and look for "Mail SMTPServer" to see what it's currently set to. 

While you're in the config file, there's a good quick way to test things. Look for the email_debug_option in your config file, and if that line starts with "disabled_operating_parameter" change that to "operating _parameter" instead. That will send any emails you would generate to a local temp folder instead, so you should be able to look at them there. If they exist in that folder, and they look like what you want them to look like, then the problem is with your SMTP configuration. If they don't get created in that folder, then the issue might be with how your life cycle state is set up.

Hope that at least narrows down the problem! Let me know which way it turns out, and I can look at giving you some more specific advice.

Skyler C.

• Hello Skyler,

the email goes out but it does not have any of the data. Sorry i was clear at the beginning. In other words it will have CR number             is pending your review. It does not pull in the data.

Reply Children
No Data