Error (SOAP) Messages

オフライン

Good day all.  Since I have inherited the database from another contractor, I am not sure what is normal and what is unique to my system.  The error (SOAP) messages do not seem to be useful.  I have been trying to create an e-mail message that will pull the request information and put it in the body.  I used the Configuring Aras Innovator Email Notifications from the community blog, but I keep receiving an error.  The message is of no help, other than there is an error.  It doesn't mention what the problem is, or I don't know how to read this.  I tried going to the Aras link, but I receive a Page Not Found error.  Any help in understanding this would be great.  Thank you.

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="">schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../">

<SOAP-ENV:Body>

<SOAP-ENV:Fault xmlns:af="">www.aras.com/InnovatorFault">

<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>

<faultstring>

<![CDATA[Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.]]>

</faultstring>

<detail>

<af:legacy_detail>

<![CDATA[Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.]]>

</af:legacy_detail>

<af:exception message="Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid." type="System.InvalidCastException"/>

</detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Parents Reply Children
  • 0 オフライン in reply to Suhas

I have been doing a lot of experimenting lately trying to get certain things to work.  This post is more about the lack of information in the message.  I have looked at some other posts with error messages and there seems to be more information in them.  I'm wondering if this is something that indicates we have a configuration problem with the error messages.