ARAS 12 - How to remove "Create New XXX" button ?

オフライン

Hi,

I defined an ItemType named "Cost".
This is a relationship without related item.
There is nothing in the "Can Add" of this ItemType because nobody can create a "Cost". There are only created by code.

In ARAS 12, I have this:

What should I do in CUI to remove "Create New Cost" ?

Parents Reply
  • 0 オフライン in reply to miraks

Hello, 

I want to do the same, Is there a way to remove that create button or disable it from UI.
    My use case is I am creating items from the backend code using IOM api and want to restrict Item creation from UI.

For disabling button I can remove can add from item but in that case I can't create items using IOM api as well.
    Need some way remove or disable create button from UI only.

Thanks,
    Nilesh

Children
  • 0 オフライン in reply to Nilesh

Under can add, give access only to user account you are using to create the item in IOM api.(example: Super User).

• 0 オフライン in reply to Gopikrishnan

Thanks for reply......

In IOM api I am using admin user and want to disable create button for the same user, See I don't it is possible by making changes in can add relationship, As I need to add some user in can add to create item using IOM api, but that user can create item from UI right, I want to restrict that.

Can I do it using any client script?

Thanks,
    Nilesh

• 0 オフライン in reply to Nilesh

Hi Nilesh

You can create specific identity and add in can Add. Only members of that identity can add the item in UI as well as in IOM method. In your method, you can grant the access to that identity and revoke later.

Code Snippet below

In my case, I added ARAS PLM in Can Add - Only members of ARAS PLM can add this item

Innovator inn = this.getInnovator();

// Granting Access to ARAS PLM
    Aras.Server.Security.Identity plmIdentity = Aras.Server.Security.Identity.GetByName("Aras PLM");
    bool PermissionWasSet = Aras.Server.Security.Permissions.GrantIdentity(plmIdentity);
    try
    {
    var createItem = inn.newItem("Document", "add");
    createItem.setProperty("name", "TestDocument");
    createItem.setProperty("item_number", "1234");
    createItem= createItem.apply();
    }
    finally
    {
    // Revoke 'Aras PLM' permissions
    if (PermissionWasSet) Aras.Server.Security.Permissions.RevokeIdentity(plmIdentity);
    }
    return this;

Thank You

Gopikrishnan R

• 0 オフライン in reply to Gopikrishnan

Hello Gopikrishnan,

I did it, thanks for reply.

Thanks,
    Nilesh