my html form(common) part on main form is disabled even after locking the item

for different classifications we have a common part which we have applied by adding an html which contrains the common form .so after sAving the first time when we reopen that item the html part of the form keeps disabled only.but if we choose edit by right clicking then it allows us to edit the html properties?

Parents
  • Hello,

I don't understand the exact issue you're running into. Are the fields in the common area of the form not being enabled properly when you lock the item?

Additionally, there might be a better approach entirely. I'd recommend checking out this recent blog post that goes over xProperties and xClassification. This will require a bit of a rethinking about the data model, but it might make for an easier implementation overall. You could use a single form that has fields for all of the common properties and a special xClass control that will handle displaying and editing the classification-specific properties.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hello,

I don't understand the exact issue you're running into. Are the fields in the common area of the form not being enabled properly when you lock the item?

Additionally, there might be a better approach entirely. I'd recommend checking out this recent blog post that goes over xProperties and xClassification. This will require a bit of a rethinking about the data model, but it might make for an easier implementation overall. You could use a single form that has fields for all of the common properties and a special xClass control that will handle displaying and editing the classification-specific properties.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

Children
No Data