Type navigation 3rd button - Goto ItemType [Definition]

I'd like there to be a third button here, for Admin(s).

While going through Configuring Solutions, for v12, I can't help but think of a very convenient 3rd button right here to eliminate navigating to an Item Type's definition:

[Currently] Administration > ItemTypes > Enter search text for IT, find and finally open to edit... could also be:
[3rd button] Click (Edit | View | Goto) ItemType

I think this would be especially useful for admins as they need to check on TOC settings, or set sort rules, and on and on... Just click the [proposed] button!

Parents
  • Hi Neil,

For most areas of the user interface, it's possible to add buttons like this using CUI. However, it seems this secondary menu hasn't yet been migrated to use the CUI data model. As an alternative, it would be possible to add an option to the context menu when you right click on an ItemType in the main grid. 

This is possible through CUI following similar steps to the ones in this blog post and this corresponding community project. If you follow along with the blog post note that the item you edit in Step 2 will be different since you're editing a different area of the UI. Instead, you will want to find the Command Bar Section (the item that defines a general area of the UI) with the information below.

• Classification - Data Model
    • Name - com.aras.innovator.cui_default.popup_menu_for_main_window_toc
    • LocationPopupMenuMainWindowTOC

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Is this post not in Forums > Development?

Reply Children
No Data