PLM Upgrade

Hello

I'm using the PLM version 11.0 SP2 build: 6152 and would like to upgrade the new release. Does anyone know whether I could directly upgrade from PLM SP2 to the newest release either SP12 or SP15? I was told that I must upgrade from SP2 to SP5 first then I would be able to upgrade to the newest release.

Regards,

Jakk

Parents
  • Hi Jakk,

Since you're a subscriber, you can contact Aras Support and let them know you'd like to upgrade. The team will then manage the upgrade for you, so you won't need to upgrade manually yourself.

Additionally, the newest version of Innovator would be 12.0 SP5 not 11.0 SP15. If you're looking to stay on 11.0, you can let the support team know that, but the jump to 12.0 does come with some added benefits like an updated UI.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hello Christopher,

Actually we used to be an Aras subscriber but currently we moved to Infor PLM. I wish if we are still an Aras subscriber, everything would be a lot easier as you mention. Previously I was told from Infor PLM stating that I have to upgrade from SP2 to SP5 first then upgrade to SP12. So I have spent some time for this project for upgrading from SP2 to SP5 and now they said I can upgrade directly from SP2 to SP12. It really confused me. That's why I am trying to get the right information here. Thank you very much for your response, sir.

Regards,

Jakk

• Hello Christopher,

Actually we used to be an Aras subscriber but currently we moved to Infor PLM. I wish if we are still an Aras subscriber, everything would be a lot easier as you mention. Previously I was told from Infor PLM stating that I have to upgrade from SP2 to SP5 first then upgrade to SP12. So I have spent some time for this project for upgrading from SP2 to SP5 and now they said I can upgrade directly from SP2 to SP12. It really confused me. That's why I am trying to get the right information here. Thank you very much for your response, sir.

Regards,

Jakk

Children
  • Hi Jakk,

You are still an Aras subscriber; you're just getting your subscription through one of our partners (Infor), so you should still have access to managed upgrades through Aras.

In general, the complexity of an upgrade is tied with how customized your instance is. If you have a lot of custom methods and events, an upgrade is going to take longer and be more involved. Between service packs, the API may change which can require rewriting existing methods so that you don't lose functionality. For very customized environments, it may make sense to do your upgrades in several jumps to minimize the scope of what you need to rewrite each time. The end result is the same regardless of if you do one big upgrade or several smaller upgrades.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hello Christopher,

Thank you very much for your inside information. I'll try to contact Aras Technical Support to see what I need to do to start the upgrade project.

Regards,

Jakk