When we update a part, for instance we change models, we want the same part in all the associated assemblies to be updated automatically.
• Look up part to be updated
• Click on Views and select where used (this is the list of assemblies the part currently exists in)
• Update any details impacted by the change (AML, AVL, and Goals), new part and price
• After save, we must go into each assembly and review where used
• Update by locking, saving and unlocking, then into each assembly here.
We have to follow this process to update each assembly it touches until we get to the Building assembly as that is our very top.
Instead of going to each assembly and updating the part, we want this to happen automatically.