upgrade aras from 9.4 to 12

オフライン

Hello,

I have aras with database of 9.4 , the database is full with information that I have filled.

unfortunately I cant work with 9.4 anymore since it works only on IE10.

Is there any way to change the database structure to meet the 12 version?

Thnks,

Ofer

Parents
  • Hi Ofer,

Aras does have an upgrades team that handles upgrading databases from any previous version to the current one. Upgrades are also included at no additional cost with an Aras subscription. You can email [email protected] for more details on getting an Aras subscription or if you have any additional questions about the subscription itself.

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• Hi Cristopher,

The situation is that I have only the backup database of 9.4 and not the software with the server ( I throwed it away ,thinking that the only thing needed is the DB).

I am freelancer and not subsriber, so, I dont have access to 9.4 innovator version.

Is there any way to save the data and to migrate it?

Thanks,

ofer 

• Hi Ofer,

first I would take a look at the database itself. Import it in your SQL Server Management studio and check out which tables are used, e.g. Part, Part_BOM, User, Identity, Alias, etc.
    Also check which tables contain custom entries, e.g. Methods, LifeCycleMaps, Workflows,...
    In addition check if your table contains custom ItemTypes.made by yourself.

Innovator 9.4 contains a lot of tables, but not as much as newer Innovator versions.
    If your database is very simply and not heavily modified, you could probably copy these table entries to a fresh new Aras installation (inside sql).

• Additional remark: If you still own an old export tool, you could simply login with this tool to the database and grab the items. Then you should easy be able to import them to a new database. Probably the easiest approach.

Reply Children
No Data