Language to learn after HTML & CSS?

Hey, I'm aspiring front-end developer that is currently very new to programming and eventually want to go full stack. I have done some web development for personal projects in the past and recently picked it up as a hobby again but this time I am taking the coding aspect of it very seriously and want to make a career out of it. I am currently doing the responsive website design using HTML5 and CSS course on freecodecamp and am really liking it. However I'm not sure of what the next step will be, as obviously I can't stick with these forever. My first thought was to jump into Javascript but having read a few threads on here - I read a few comments of people saying they wish they hadn't done that before something like python. Any advice would be welcome. Just after a little bit of guidance on a pathway to a dev career from anyone who works in the industry or is a self-taught programmer. Thank you

• Hey, I'm aspiring front-end developer that is currently very new to programming and eventually want to go full stack. I have done some web development for personal projects in the past and recently picked it up as a hobby again but this time I am taking the coding aspect of it very seriously and want to make a career out of it. I am currently doing the respAppvalley onsive website design using HTML5 and CSS course on freecodecamp and am really liking it. However I'm not sure of what the next step will be, as obviously I can't stick with these forever. My first thought was to jump into Javascript but having read a few threads on here - I read a few comments of people saying they wish they hadn't done that before something like python. Any advice would be welcome. Just after a little bit of guidance on a pathway to a dev career from anyone who works in the industry or is a self-taught programmer. Thank you Tweakbox