Aras12 add a new Change relationship tab

Hi,

I just downloaded Aras12 and see that the part changes tab now relates to a Tree grid view and Query definition.

Has anybody with Aras12 tested to create a new change tab and add correct relations?

In Aras 12 "PE_Changes" query definition, they have been able to add Simple ECO's etc, but I can't figure out how.
I cant see how they did that, due these references are not available as choices when trying to add them to my new query definition

Regards//Mikael

• Hi Mikael,

The different elements of a query definition are stored as relationships off of the qry_QueryDefinition ItemType. When you use the UI of the Query Definition editor, you are simply adding and modifying these relationships to make your query.

I took a look at the PE_Changes query definition, and it appears that it was built with special AML to add relationships that are not possible to create directly through the UI of the editor.

It sounds like you're using a custom change document, so my recommendation would be to create a new Query Definition rather than modifying the existing PE_Changes definition. We have a blog post on performing reverse lookups that walks through how you can build a query to lookup items that are using the current item. This should help you find the change documents that your part is being used in. 

Chris

Christopher Gillis

Aras Labs Software Engineer

• OK, Thanks Christopher, that explains why I spent two days ripping my hair off trying to solve an impossible thing.

:-)

I will try dig into the reverse lookup blog and see if I can solve it

Thanks

//Mikael