Not a single item error when saving on PLM

Hello,

I don't think we have done anything major to our implementation of PLM, but I am getting the following error when I try to modify some parts manually:

Not a single item<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="">schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../"><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault xmlns:af="">www.aras.com/.../faultcode><faultstring><![CDATA[Not a single item]]></faultstring><detail><af:legacy_detail><![CDATA[Not a single item]]></af:legacy_detail><af:exception message="Not a single item" type="System.Exception"/></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

It does not happen to all the parts but this makes things even more confusing because it was not happening before and looks like something is triggering the error on some parts and not others. Has anyone experienced this error before?

PMateo

• Hi PMateo

Can you confirm when you are getting this error ?. Is it happening on initial save of a part or opening a part or editing a part ?

Not a single item is a generic error where the method apply result is expecting one item instead it is a collection of items. 

Based on some condition from part form, are you trying to populate some relationship tab or something when part is saved initially. If that condition is satisfied you might not get any error else you will get an error. 

Thank You

Gopikrishnan R

• Hi,

It's happening when I edit a part, and regardless of what I edit I am getting the error (I have tried editing the description, adding/deleting documents and CAD documents, part name, etc).

The issue may be due to the product codes we use for some of the parts, and from the explanation you provided I am feeling more confident about the source of the issue. I will do further testing and let you know; let me know if you have other suggestions.

Thanks a lot! 

PMateo

• No Problem. If you are able to identify the right method causing this issue, you can debug and analyze. If still facing issue, please send the serverMethod causing this issue.

Thank You

Gopikrishnan R

• How can I debug this method on PLM? I added the following line

<operating_parameter key="DebugServerMethod" value="true"/>

to the InnovatorServerConfig.xml file but I can't really get the debugger to start.

• Hi Pmateo

Is it a server method (C# or VB) or client method (Javascript)?.

If Server method, include below line in your method

if(System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Launch()) System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Break();
    If Client Method, include below line in your method and hit F12 before performing the action (In this case before saving the part)
    debugger;
    For more information on debugging, check this blog
    Thank You
    Gopikrishnan R
  • Hi,

I took a look at the link, thanks a lot! I am looking at the xml log files but I can't figure out exactly which method is causing the error; I expected it to be one of the ":save" methods since the error shows up once I try to save the parts but adding the lines there did not trigger the debugger. 

How could you tell which method is failing and producing an error?

• Turns out, at some point a few weeks ago we updated our service pack and a list was created (automatically it seems, I was absent during this time) with some of our product codes, and those codes on the list were generating the error. I just removed them from the list and errors are gone, everything works as intended and we have not lost functionality. I was unlucky I did not check the differences between databases and data between service packs sooner.

But thanks for your help, in the future I will make sure I use more the debugging options available.

Pmateo