Error: Method "CE_LinkManufacturer" failed

Hello, Dear

<Version 12.0 Build 13341>

Regarding add maker information, cannot add data of "CE Manufacturer name "

Detected Error:  Method "CE_LinkManufacturer" failed.

technical message aras_object "undefined ": "Not a single item

I suspect SQL database table have something issue.

And I cannot find table  for CE_LinkManufacturer.

Though I imported Aras component Engineering "12.0R1", No failure was occurred at that time.

Would you please let me know any suggestion?

Sincerely

• Hi, 

have you looked at the  'Linking Manufacturers' chapter in the CE User Guide?

Just to be sure:
    - Are you able to add regular Manufacturer items at all? E.g. when you create a new Manufacturer and add the name by your self, can you save this item?

- Can you do a regular search for CE Parts in Cloud Manufacturer Parts? If this one already makes trouble, you may have some general connection problem with CE. 

I really recommend you to write an email to Aras support. They are quite good in CE troubleshooting!

• Hi ,

I overlooked some point in the CE user guide.

My new findings from your advice as below:

I had read the CE user guide chapter 3 (Open Edition (Level 1) user guide.

1.For our system, we cannot open Cloud Manufacturer Part Search.

→Exactly, I cannot see search box as user CE user guide Figure 38.

So  We "may have some general connection problem with CE"

2.I tried to add part by "Manufacture Parts".

→I can save  the parts information except "Manufacturer name".

3.Tried to modify  Manufacturer Part

Detected error as below

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="">schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../"><SOAP-ENV:Body><SOAP-ENV:Fault xmlns:af="">www.aras.com/.../faultcode><faultstring><![CDATA[Line number 56, Error Number: CS0234, The type or namespace name 'CE' does not exist in the namespace 'Aras' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    ]]></faultstring><detail><af:legacy_detail><![CDATA[Line number 56, Error Number: CS0234, The type or namespace name 'CE' does not exist in the namespace 'Aras' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    ]]></af:legacy_detail><af:exception message="Line number 56, Error Number: CS0234, The type or namespace name 'CE' does not exist in the namespace 'Aras' (are you missing an assembly reference?)&#13;&#10;" type="System.ApplicationException"/></detail></SOAP-ENV:Fault></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

As you recommend, I'll try to understand ARAS innovator well and ask ARAS support this case.

Best Regards!

• Did you solved this problem, I have the same problem

• Hi  

Regarding this failure for our case, we're using ARAS without subscription components.

For my understanding, Utilize of CE_LinkManufacturer is needed subscription which is for Manufacturer database.

I'm verifying original setting without any other package.