Log changes made by Batchloader on part history

Hi. When I create and then release an ECN, I can see some descriptions and comments if I go to Views/History. However, I would like to find a way to also add some description on the History of the part when I use the batchloader to update any part properties. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Also, I am wondering if there is a way to also add comments when a manual change has been made (let's say, a manual release of a part, or manually promoting a part due to unforeseen circumstances).

Thanks in advance!

PMateo

Parents
  • Hi Pmateo,

I do not expect that my sample will work easily. One problem will be the identity that is required for writing History Items. In my case I was only able to write History entries, when I directly used the History Daemon Identity.

I right now use a separate Method for writing History entries. It´s similar to the one I posted in this thread:
    https://community.aras.com/f/development/6232/how-to-add-history-using-a-custom-method

The shown Method is not perfect, but it basically shows how to write history entries. I use this Method with "applyMethod". But I wasn´t able to use this Method from the batch loader. But it would be cool if we somehow could build a Method that is able to work from batchloader too. 

@Aras-Team: Do you know a way of how we can call custom a Method from the Batchloader? Is this possible at all? Right now I just was able to use standard actions like "get", "edit", "promoteItem", ... . I guess these actions are defined somewhere in a codetree file.  Is it possible that we add our own custom actions?

• Hi,

Thanks once again for your ideas and suggestions, they have helped me a lot. I will test this method as well and see. You are right, at first I believed I was using the methods I have developed (only 3 so far but getting there) wrong with the batchloader, but after testing with Nash they worked just fine so I realized the batchloader is limited to basic standard operations, which is a shame. I will keep you posted once I implement the two methods you suggested.

• Hi,

Thanks once again for your ideas and suggestions, they have helped me a lot. I will test this method as well and see. You are right, at first I believed I was using the methods I have developed (only 3 so far but getting there) wrong with the batchloader, but after testing with Nash they worked just fine so I realized the batchloader is limited to basic standard operations, which is a shame. I will keep you posted once I implement the two methods you suggested.

Children
No Data