Log changes made by Batchloader on part history

Hi. When I create and then release an ECN, I can see some descriptions and comments if I go to Views/History. However, I would like to find a way to also add some description on the History of the part when I use the batchloader to update any part properties. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Also, I am wondering if there is a way to also add comments when a manual change has been made (let's say, a manual release of a part, or manually promoting a part due to unforeseen circumstances).

Thanks in advance!

PMateo

Parents
  • Hi pmateo,

I am not sure if I remember things right. But I think for promotion you can add comments via the batch loader. This one is not tested, but maybe works:

<Item type="Manufacturer Part" action="promoteItem" where="item_number='@1'">
    <state>@2</state>
    <comments>@3</comments>
    </Item>

You just cannot add history comments when you add or edit new items.

• Hello Angelalp,

I see, thanks a lot for your suggestion! I will try to "promote" an item without creating a new version/revision (hopefully the version = "0" attribute can be used here similar to how you can update a versionable item) and add the comments that way. I am interested in those comments just for tracking purposes, so this may work. Once I test it I will let you know. 

Kind regards,

Pmateo

• Hello Angelalp,

I see, thanks a lot for your suggestion! I will try to "promote" an item without creating a new version/revision (hopefully the version = "0" attribute can be used here similar to how you can update a versionable item) and add the comments that way. I am interested in those comments just for tracking purposes, so this may work. Once I test it I will let you know. 

Kind regards,

Pmateo

Children
No Data