Log changes made by Batchloader on part history

オフライン

Hi. When I create and then release an ECN, I can see some descriptions and comments if I go to Views/History. However, I would like to find a way to also add some description on the History of the part when I use the batchloader to update any part properties. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Also, I am wondering if there is a way to also add comments when a manual change has been made (let's say, a manual release of a part, or manually promoting a part due to unforeseen circumstances).

Thanks in advance!

PMateo

Parents
  • For manual release you could use the "Get Comment" checkbox in Lifecycle transitions. This gives user a prompt to enter a history entry. As far as I remember this doesn´t work for promotion triggered by Innovator itself. But as you want to track manual promotions it would be worth a try.

Regarding Batchloader this is a use case I would also be interested in. It´s on a very basic way possible track whenever somebody logs in with an non-browser based application like BatchLoader. So you might create an server Method that checks if users comes from an external tool and write History entries by yourself.

But that’s just a small brainstorming without any testing! There might be better options available already!

• For manual release you could use the "Get Comment" checkbox in Lifecycle transitions. This gives user a prompt to enter a history entry. As far as I remember this doesn´t work for promotion triggered by Innovator itself. But as you want to track manual promotions it would be worth a try.

Regarding Batchloader this is a use case I would also be interested in. It´s on a very basic way possible track whenever somebody logs in with an non-browser based application like BatchLoader. So you might create an server Method that checks if users comes from an external tool and write History entries by yourself.

But that’s just a small brainstorming without any testing! There might be better options available already!

Children
  • オフライン in reply to AngelaIp

Sorry for the delay, I got busy. Thanks a lot! Yes, we would like to track manual promotions, its a shame there is not a native way to include comments in the part history from the batch loader but I will look into server methods. I will keep you posted if I find a different way to get around this. Thanks for your help.

Pmateo