Chrome Update causing issue - Aras 11Sp9

Cannot open Parts from the Search Grid with latest Chrome version 75.0.3770.100.

Tried Double-click or RMG->View. Both actions freeze the session. Our users sessions got auto updated with Chrome and blocked with this.

Reported to Aras (IR-079328) but curious to know if anyone else is having this issue. Works fine with Firefox though.

Parents
  • Hello,

Two hotfixes for these Chrome-specific issues have been released which you can find on the Aras website. There are two hotfixes in particular:

• Hotfix-078688 : Fixes an issue with special views not displaying correctly in Chrome
    • Hotfix-079180 : Fixes an issue where standard tabs were not displayed correctly in Chrome

For both of these hotfixes, please ensure you download the hotfix specific to your Aras Innovator version.

Chris

• Thanks Chris, but I don't see a patch for 11SP9 for Hotfix-079180.

• I'll contact our support team to see if this was intentional. In the meantime, download the 11.0 SP10 version of the Hotfix and follow Section 3.4 of the Installation guide for manually applying the fix. After that you can follow the steps below to ensure that all of your clients use this updated version of the file instead of any cached copies they may have saved locally.

1. From the root of your code tree, navigate to \Innovator\Client\ and edit the web.config file
    2. Near the bottom of this file, find the tag called <cachingModule/>
    3. Edit the filesRevision attribute of this tag. The value should be increased from std to 2, 3, 4, etc
      1. <cachingModule moduleEnabled="true" filesRevision="2"/>

Let me know if manually applying this patch resolves the issue for you in 11.0 SP9.

Chris

• Thanks Chris. But the challenge is that the issue is inconsistent. I want to make sure I can reproduce the issue before I apply the patch. So I can confirm it actually fixes it.

Reply Children