Import BOM in Excel file to ARAS

Hi all,

I'm new to ARAS innovator and I'm not sure on how to import BOM in Excel file to ARAS. I have read from forum and they ask to use Batch Loader but I don't know how to do it. Can anyone explain step by step on how to do this.

Thanks.

Regards,

Izzul

Parents
  • I know this is a relatively old post, but I am wondering how to go about adding a document instead of adding a BOM

• Hi pmateo

As Chris suggested, request you to go through the AML blog to get some idea. Below AML will be useful to add Part, Document and Part Document Relationship

<AML>
    <Item action='add' type='Part'>
    <item_number>ParentPart</item_number>
    </Item>
    <Item action='add' type='Document'>
    <item_number>DocumentItem</item_number>
    </Item>
    <Item action='add' type='Part Document'>
    <source_id><Item type='Part' action='get'><item_number>ParentPart</item_number></Item></source_id>
    <related_id><Item type='Part' action='get'><item_number>DocumentItem</item_number></Item></related_id>
    </Item>
    </AML>

Thanks

Gopikrishnan

• Thanks! I read the material that Chris sent, then used the following script:

<Item action='add' type='Part Document'>
    <source_id><Item type='Part' action='get'><item_number>@1</item_number></Item></source_id>
    <related_id><Item type='Document' action='get'><item_number>@2</item_number></Item></related_id>
    </Item>

Worked like a charm!

• Based on your use of @1 and @2, it seems like you're writing a AML to use with the Batchloader. In that case, it makes sense to add the relationship item and directly set the source_id like you're currently doing. However, for other scenarios I want to propose an alternative way to structure this kind of AML. The query below adds relationships directly in the context of the parent item which will automatically set the source_id property for you. 

<AML>
      <Item type="Part" action="add">
        <item_number>Parent Part</item_number>
        <Relationships>
          <Item type="Part Document" action="add">
            <related_id>
              <Item type="Document" action="add">
                <item_number>Document Item</item_number>
              </Item>
            </related_id>
          </Item>
        </Relationships>
      </Item>
    </AML>

If you're ever dynamically creating queries inside of a Method, I've found using this structure is easier to understand and helps make the Method more maintainable.

Chris

• Based on your use of @1 and @2, it seems like you're writing a AML to use with the Batchloader. In that case, it makes sense to add the relationship item and directly set the source_id like you're currently doing. However, for other scenarios I want to propose an alternative way to structure this kind of AML. The query below adds relationships directly in the context of the parent item which will automatically set the source_id property for you. 

<AML>
      <Item type="Part" action="add">
        <item_number>Parent Part</item_number>
        <Relationships>
          <Item type="Part Document" action="add">
            <related_id>
              <Item type="Document" action="add">
                <item_number>Document Item</item_number>
              </Item>
            </related_id>
          </Item>
        </Relationships>
      </Item>
    </AML>

If you're ever dynamically creating queries inside of a Method, I've found using this structure is easier to understand and helps make the Method more maintainable.

Chris

Children
No Data