Rework Path for Parallel Activity

Hi,

I have a Workflow with automatic activity that enables 5 parallel activity. If one activity assignee select Rework path, how can I restrict other activity assignee to vote ? 

In other words, out of that 5 parallel activity, if one goes to rework then remaining all should go to rework path. I tried override path but seems it is applicable only for 1 activity with multiple approvers.

Thanks,

GK

• Hi Sowmya

Ensure that the permission set to parent Item type is having update access.

Example: If it is set to World can Get then ensure that user is having the update access to that Permission.

Also check Default Workflow is set for Item Type.

permission

Thanks,

Gopikrishnan R

• Hey Sowmyak,

I don't have some of my users under the Administrator group that are kicking off subflows so they don't need to be there.

In addition to what Gopikrishnan mentioned some other things to check are.

The users that vote out of the activity that starts the subflow is at least part of an identity that is under "All Employees".

Under "Workflow Process" ItemType "World" is part of Can Add.
    "World" should also be apart of your "Workflow Process" Permission with Get, Update, and Can Discover.

If mine and Gopikrishnan's suggestions are all there and your still having issues maybe we could get more of what's going on at the step that kicks off the subflow. Any server events and the such that may be causing an issue.

Thanks,

Phinnix

• Hi Gobikrishnan/Phinnix,

Thanks for your help.

We have tried all above mentioned steps and tested workflow, still facing the same issue with subflows.

Also tried to enable debugger for server methods attached at Start Activity of one of the Subflow, but before hitting debugger, error pops up.

Please let me know if you have any other approach.

Thanks,

Sowmya

• Hey SowmyaK, I'm not sure but you could try the below query to compare Administrators Can Add to the other Identity to figure out where it might be needed to solve your issue. Just replace 'World' with the identity that is throwing the error...

SELECT
    IT.KEYED_NAME "ITEMTYPE",
    (SELECT I.KEYED_NAME FROM innovator.CAN_ADD CA JOIN innovator.[IDENTITY] I ON I.ID = CA.RELATED_ID WHERE CA.SOURCE_ID = IT.ID AND I.KEYED_NAME = 'Administrators') "CAN ADD ADMIN",
    (SELECT I.KEYED_NAME FROM innovator.CAN_ADD CA JOIN innovator.[IDENTITY] I ON I.ID = CA.RELATED_ID WHERE CA.SOURCE_ID = IT.ID AND I.KEYED_NAME = 'World') "CAN ADD COMPARED"

FROM
    innovator.ITEMTYPE IT
    JOIN innovator.CAN_ADD CA ON IT.ID = CA.SOURCE_ID
    JOIN innovator.[IDENTITY] I ON I.ID = CA.RELATED_ID
    WHERE
    I.KEYED_NAME = 'Administrators'

ORDER BY
    IT.KEYED_NAME